- 1/4 cup Jesse Tree Red or White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup Olivastro Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Jesse Tree beets, quartered
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, coarsely crumbled
What To Do:
- Whisk the vinegar, shallots, and honey in a medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Toss the beets in a small bowl with enough dressing to coat.
- Toss the arugula, walnuts, and cranberries in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Mound the salad atop 4 plates. Arrange the beets around the salad. Sprinkle with the avocado and goat cheese, and serve.