What You'll Need:
- 1 small Jesse Tree beet
- 1 15 oz. can (1 3/4 cup) cooked chickpeas, mostly drained
- zest of one large lemon
- juice of half a large lemon
- healthy pinch salt and black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 heaping Tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
What To Do:
- Once your beet is cooled and peeled, quarter it and
place it in your food processor. Blend until only small bits
- Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend
- Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt,
lemon juice or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
- Will keep in the fridge for up to a week.